A touching collection of twelve true, short stories in which the authors relate how they came to feel the presence of God while enjoying the great American pastime of baseball as players, coaches, parents, children, or just plain fans.
- Patrick Hannon-"The Banjo Man"
- Robert Raccuglia-"Playing with Luzinksi"
- Sara Kaden-"A Smile at Third Base"
- Patrick T. Reardon-"Ready to Be Caught Off Guard"
- Helen Reichert Lambin-"The Boys of Spring"
- Michael Wilt-"Looking for the Story Line"
- Jean Larkin-"It's a Team Effort"
- William John Fitzgerald-"Epiphany in St. Louis"
- Carol DeChant-"Babe Ruth Blesses the Sons of Kerry"
- Andre Dubus-"Under the Lights"
- Jerome D. Lamb-"Burying Maris"
- Michael Leach-"Heaven Begins on the Spot Where You're Standing"