- Frequently Asked Questions
Frequently Asked Questions
Questions and Answers
Do you accept international orders?
Of course we do. For orders outside the United States, please contact us via email, fax, or call us for a shipping cost quote and total cost. We require prepayment for all international orders, either by credit card or money order in U.S. funds.
Do you offer exam/desk copies of your book for review?
If you are a college professor or are acting on behalf of one and would like to receive an exam/desk copy for possible inclusion in a college-level course, please email Mary Eggert at email@example.com. Include your name, school, department, course title, and address.
What is your return policy?
All sales are final. If there is a problem or concern with your order, however, please contact our customer service at 800-397-2282 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
What are your submission guidelines?
- If you are not familiar with our products, please request our current catalog or go on-line at www.actapublications.com. (Hint: People who do not do this often waste their time submitting manuscripts to us.)
- If you truly feel we would be the best publisher for you, then send a proposal with three parts:
- A cover letter that explains your proposal and tells a little bit about yourself and why your proposed work fits our product line, and exactly whom you see as the audience. (Hint: If your book is for "everyone," then it probably is not for us. We need to know the kind of person who will buy it and why.)
- A table of contents for your proposed work.
- An introduction and one chapter. We will not read entire manuscripts. (Hint: Send us your best writing. It does no good for you to tell us that something is "just a draft" or that you are "still working on it." We are going to judge it as if it is your final product.)
Submit your materials to the address below:
4848 N. Clark Street
Chicago, Illinois 60640
Who can I contact if I have a particular question?
ACTA Publications' receives numerous questions from consumers and customers everyday. In order to better serve you, please use this list as a reference for submitting your inquires to the appropriate person.
Marketing, Public Relations, Advertisements, Website Marketing and Social Media
Email Abby Pierce at email@example.com
Phone and Website Orders and general office questions
Email Mary Rickey at firstname.lastname@example.org
Email Greg Pierce at email@example.com