Christmas Presence Twelve Gifts That Were More Than They Seemed
This Christmas open your heart and your home to twelve of the finest contemporary spiritual authors and their insights into the true meaning of Christmas. In heartfelt stories from their own lives, they share the simple truth they have come to know about the greatest of all mysteries.
Christmas Presence is a collection of twelve touching stories about gifts that were "more than they seemed." Each author recalls a special Christmas gift and how it evoked emotions and feelings that are both priceless and unforgettable. With a style that is warm and engaging, the stories explore how the true spirit of Christmas--the presence of the divine in the world--can be experienced in the gifts we give and receive during the holiday season.
This beautiful hardcover book is sure to become a treasured classic that people will read again and again, year after year.
- Introduction by Gregory F. Augustine Pierce
- "Christmas Shopping in the Mall of the Heart," Kass Dotterweich
- "Dad's GIft," Tom McGrath
- "The Christmas Stockings," James Stephen Behrens
- "The Year of the Toaster," Alice Camille
- "Christmas in Connecticut, 1972," Michael Leach
- "I Had Already Named Him 'Buddy,'" Patrick Hannon
- "Five Golden Days," Delle Chatman
- "The Frog in the Manger," Fredric Hang
- "Big Harriet, in Open-Toed Platform Heels, Walking Bosco and Bismark," Carol DeChant
- "The Christmas Kaleidoscope," John Shea
- "The Frequent Bald Statements of Love We Exchange," Patrick T. Reardon
- "The Story That Gives Us Stories," Vinita Hampton Wright
This lovely little volume is a gift that keeps on giving. Its essays are simple, elegant, soulful, inspiring. And thought-provoking. You may well find yourself searching your own Christmas memories, and finding gems you had long forgotten. Which is what this book is all about -- seeing, hearing, remembering those things we take for granted, and cherishing them anew. This is a book to feed the heart, and the soul. And it's just the right size for stocking stuffing! 5-star Amazon.com review
12 Touching Christmas Experiences
Posted by Luke Amato on Dec 17th 2016
Each of the 12 contributors shared their personal memories about Christmas. All of them will move you in the right spirit of this holy day, but some of them are sure to hit you "right in the gut."
Twelve lovely gifts
Posted by John Munday on Dec 15th 2016
The stories bring Christmas to human experiences that are filled with love even in tough times.
Customers also viewed