Twelve true, short stories in which the authors (players, coaches, parents, children, or just plain fans) share their experience of the presence of God in the great American pastime.
- Patrick Hannon, "The Banjo Man"
- Robert Raccuglia, "Playing with Luzinksi"
- Sara Kaden, "A Smile at Third Base"
- Patrick T. Reardon, "Ready to Be Caught Off Guard"
- Helen Reichert Lambin, "The Boys of Spring"
- Michael Wilt, "Looking for the Story Line"
- Jean Larkin, "It's a Team Effort"
- William John Fitzgerald, "Epiphany in St. Louis"
- Carol DeChant, "Babe Ruth Blesses the Sons of Kerry"
- Andre Dubus, "Under the Lights"
- Jerome D. Lamb, "Burying Maris"
- Michael Leach, "Heaven Begins on the Spot Where You're Standing"