Hidden Presence is a collection of twelve short stories about transformative experiences. Editor Gregory Pierce points out that sometimes sorrow or loss are transformed by blessings in ways that are neither sought nor expected, and something truly good occurs — not despite the tragedy but actually because of it.
"All of these stories by these accomplished writers reveal the divine love that is present at all times in our lives, even when things seem the darkest. This presence is often hidden, but if we are open to it and looking for it, we will discover it. Or, more likely, God's blessings will find us when we are least expecting them." from the Introduction by Gregory F.A. Pierce
Stories in this collection
- Terry Nelson-Johnson, "The Shrinking Jesuit (in Shiny New "Chick Magnet" Scooter) Leads the Way"
- Helen Reichert Lambin, "A Table for One"
- Kass Dotterweich, "Unbounded Beneficence"
- Patrick Hannon, "Depressed? Who, Me?"
- Robert Raccuglia, "The Heart Speaks"
- Alice Camille, "Entertaining Failure"
- Vinita Hampton Wright, "A Grief Spoken"
- Patrick T. Reardon, "Like Setting Fire to a Fifty-Dollar Bill"
- James (Jeff) Behrens, "The Language of God"
- Joyce Rupp, "The Gift My Brother Gave Me"
- Joni Woelfel, "Where Eagles Soar"
- Michael Leach, "God Helps Those Who Let Him"